Russia, Page Corps military academy

The Page Corps was founded in 1759 in St.Petersburg as a school for teaching and training pages and chamber pages. In light of the need for properly trained officers for the Guard units, the Page Corps was reorganized in 1802 into an educational establishment similar to cadet schools, which would accept the sons of the hereditary nobility of Russian land, and the sons of at least Lieutenant Generals/Vice Admirals or grandsons of full Generals/Admirals. [1] In 1802, the curriculum of the Corps des Pages was also changed, thereafter based on…

Read More